Creative Movement/Tutu’s for Tots
Creative Movement is a joyous way for young dancers to explore movement through music, develop physical skills, spark imagination and bolster creativity.
What can I expect from this class?
- Creative Movement is a 45 minute class designed to expand dance related motor skills for ages 2-3.
- Creative Movement develops coordination and self-expression through simple dance movement and music.
- This class uses a wide variety of music, props, and balancing techniques.
- Creative movement uses body actions to communicate an image (the wind), communicate a journey (flying like butterflies) or communicate a feeling (strength, happiness).
- Creative Movement encourages participation in a group setting teaching young dancers the importance of taking turns and working together.
- Creative Movement develops listening and social skills in a fun, nurturing and safe environment.
Through movement, children learn about their bodies, the space around them, and each other. Creative movement activities should encourage all children to participate. Both boys and girls enjoy these classes. All children can benefit, including children with communication, sensory, developmental, or physical challenges.