You can feel extra safe knowing that all of our teachers are 100% vaccinated and will be wearing masks while teaching classes.
- In NYC (Glendale and Middle Village locations)
- Students do not need to show proof each time they enter. A log that we have seen proof will be kept on file. Your cards, as a measure of protection, are not required to be on file.
Moves & Motions School of Dance has always been a leader in safety including being one of the first studios in the world to become Youth Protection Advocates in Dance® certified in 2019. As part of being YPAD Certified, we conduct background checks on all staff members and also provide training in CPR/First Aid/AED, injury prevention, social media safety, and abuse prevention as well as guidance on age-appropriate artistic choices for our teachers. Additionally, we are so proud of how our staff has worked tirelessly to deliver our Safer Studio™ plan during the pandemic. Thanks to our team’s dedication, we experienced an extremely low report of Covid cases out of tens of thousands of visits. None of which caused an outbreak within the studio.
While we navigate through the start of our 35th season, Moves & Motions will continue to monitor Covid restrictions and the Delta variant. We all love a mask-free world and want nothing more than to see the smiling faces of our dancers and their families. A significant increase in new cases reversed what had been a steady decline since January 2021. In the days leading up to our guidance update, CDC saw a rapid and alarming rise in the COVID-19 case and hospitalization rates around the country. while NY is still lower than most of the country, the Delta variant is more infectious and is leading to increased transmissibility when compared with other variants, even in some vaccinated individuals. It is this very reason that we have decided to follow the schools and begin with a mask policy. We will be taking mask breaks, silly smile breaks, happy face breaks, breath breaks, and doing everything possible to ensure our dancers are happy and enjoying all the wonderful benefits that come with being enrolled in a dance class.
It is the recommendation of the CDC, as our nation builds the level of vaccination, we must also use all the prevention strategies available, including masking indoors in public places, to stop transmission and stop the pandemic. Everyone who is able, including fully vaccinated people, should wear masks in public indoor places in areas.
Drop Off Policy
- At this time, masks must be worn when entering the building
- For students age 2-4, parents may remain in the building if they are fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination must be provided. Unvaccinated guests may quickly drop off students, remain in their vehicle during class, and pick their child/carpool up at dismissal. (All locations)
- For students grades K-3, parents may escort dancers to their class if needed and then we ask that you please leave the building during class time. (All locations)
- For students grades 4 and up, please drop dancers off at the entrance to the building and pick them up at dismissal. (All locations)
Health & Safety
- All staff is required to be vaccinated.
- All dancers at this time are required to wear masks while in the building. If you have a medical reason why this may be a concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- At this time, lobbies are closed to guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations are conveniently located outside of each studio room. Every dancer will sanitize before entering the studio
- Studios will continue to be cleaned and sanitized after each class.
- Social Distancing will be followed when in class.
- If your child is sick, please do not send them to class.
- Curricular and facility adjustments have been made to accommodate and minimize mixing and mingling via physical distancing practices during class.
- HEPA Air Filters have been installed in our new or updated HVAC Systems
- Air Purification systems with HEPA filters have been added to all studios
- UV Blue Light Technology has been installed in all three studios
- UV Blue Light Is highly effective in killing viruses and bacteria
- Facilities are sanitized regularly with EPA approved MARK E II
- Restrooms will be serviced in between classes