Moves & Motions Registration FAQ
When do classes begin?
Our first day of classes is Thursday, September 10, 2020! We have a rolling, ongoing registration process. Classes are continuously forming when scheduling is available. Need a class that may not be on the schedule? Give us a call or email Theresa@movesandmotionsdance.com.
What is covered in tuition?
Moves & Motions is a membership-based studio. Your tuition automatically enrolls you as a member. Your membership enables your child to participate in weekly classes at the studio as well as zoom classes when you are unable to attend an in-person class. Membership gives you access to our student-only website, providing you with constant updates and information, teacher videos for at-home rehearsal, music, class photos, bonus pop up zoom classes, virtual princess parties, enrichment, and so much more. It also allows students, their parents, and other family members to take advantage of special privileges and ‘Members Only’ events. Also bundled in your studio tuition is your recital costume, one photo download from photo day, and a video of your entire recital. No more “due dates” It’s all conveniently rolled into one payment for you.
How is tuition broken down even though some months have more classes than others?
Our Tuition is based on the season, taking into account holidays, long weekends, closures for Studio events, and inclement weather. Our studio is now fully Tech-Enabled® offering our members class from home when the inclement weather prohibits us from opening.
Do you have a referral program?
We sure do!!! If you love what we’re doing, you are a currently registered student and refer another new family to us, we will give you a $25 credit – it’s that simple! Please be sure to let the front desk know at the time of registration.
Other than Monthly Tuition, what other costs can I expect this year?
- Dress Code – All Dancers have the required dress code for classes. This is noted in class descriptions during the registration process and is available on our menu tab on our website.
- Recital Costume – Nope- Included in your tuition!
- Photos – Nope! Not unless you want more! The sitting fee and your first photo download are now included in your tuition. Additional photo downloads will be available for purchase at a very reasonable rate.
- Recital Tickets – Recital tickets are an optional purchase and are available online. You will receive an email and studio code that will enable the purchase of as many tickets as you would like. This generally happens during the month of May.
Why do Dancers need a Dress Code? / Where do I buy the Dress Code?
First and foremost, enforcing a dress code is for the dancer’s safety. The dress code ensures that there are no unnecessary clothing items or jewelry that can become hazardous to the dancer or other dancers in the room. Dress code sets the tone for the class, eliminating distractions, allowing dancers to move properly, increases focus, improves confidence, and fosters a cohesive environment. Tights offer light compression that has been proven to improve circulation in the feet and legs. The ballet pink color helps show the muscles that are working in the legs, which is important for a teacher to be able to ensure the proper technique is being used by dancers. Proper shoes offer stability, traction, and support dancers need to learn the technique properly and prevent injury.
All Dress Code items should be purchased at our studio to ensure you are receiving the approved dancewear and regulation leotards. Have a question or a concern? Email Theresa@movesandmotionsdance.com
Why is my child measured for a recital costumes so early and when will I receive my costume?
All dance costumes for recreational students are included in your tuition. Dancers are measured by staff according to the costume company’s specifications. This is done during the months of October and November, offering growth allowance to every measurement. Costumes are ordered from second party companies who give us an 8-12-week window for delivery. Recital Costumes are different from Dress Code, in that they are made from elaborate fabrics and are often embellished, so they can capture the light of the stage and create the vision from your child’s teacher. All studio choreography and music are approved by the Director and are selected in coordination with our studio’s yearly theme.
Dancers will receive their recital costumes on Costume Distribution Day, on a hanger, in a garment bag. This generally happens between February and March.
Can I add another class to my child’s schedule?
Absolutely!!! Dancers may add additional classes to their schedule until our Registration cut-off date in the spring. Dancers must meet the age or skill required for the class they want to add, and there must still be space available for additional dancers in the class. Thinking about adding a class, but not quite sure if your child will love it? We ALWAYS offer trial classes to our currently enrolled students. If you are interested, please email Theresa@Movesandmotionsdance.com.
What happens if my child is sick and misses a class? What happens if the Studio cancels a class?
As a membership-based studio, we now offer an online portal. All class content will be available in this password-protected portal. If you are unable to attend class, you can take classes from any device anywhere. Additionally, videos will be uploaded to the system for at-home review and rehearsal monthly. If the studio cancels a class for any reason, the studio will make the class up at a specified time. Often we will extend the session in order to maintain your current schedule.
Where can I find information on…
- Studio Events, Closures, etc.: All Studio communications for events and closures will be emailed, on our website, in your portal, and posted on our Facebook page and Instagram story. For the quickest up-to-date information, make sure you are following us on social media! That will be the first place information is released for closures and events.
- Rehearsal Information and Photo Day information will be released in February. Our rehearsals are held at an offsite location. This affords the dancers the opportunity to see the theater and rehearse on the stage. Rehearsal day is scheduled in 30-minute blocks. You are in and out super fast. Photo day will be on a signup genius for your convenience. Now you get to attend when it works for you! We can get a group photo on recital day where we will have our red carpet and our step and repeat on-site for all your photo fun!!
- Recital information is released during the month of January! We are super excited about this year’s plan! Our recitals are generally about one hour in length, no intermission, and very entertaining. Stay tuned for our fun theme release or try and guess as we roll it out monthly!
- Registration for Next Season: In April, we offer pre-registration for the following season. Each week will be offering an early registration perk. Perks will go from largest to smallest. Stay tuned!
Will I have viewing opportunities of my child’s class? Generally, we have parents in studio rooms once a month. This offers you a first-hand opportunity to see how the class is conducted, the progress of your child as well as meet the other parents in the class. Our multiple TV monitors are always on in every location so you can view classes while you wait. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, we have had to shut down our lobbies temporarily. As we move into the season, we hope to bring parents back in for our monthly events. For now, you will get Zoom access for our monthly viewings! We will keep you posted!
How can I contact my child’s teacher?
We encourage communication throughout the year, to keep yourself informed on your dancer’s progress and get information about upcoming events and special opportunities for your child: please be sure to check your portal regularly. Teachers will be available at different times of the year for your sharing and questions. Of course, if you have a concern, you can always speak to our student managers at every front desk. They are there for your immediate concerns. If you have a more specific concern that they cannot answer, please do not hesitate to email the following-
Dance Team Caitlin@movesandmotionsdance.com
Studio Concern Caitlin@movesandmotionsdance.com
Urgent Matters Jodi@movesandmotionsdance.com